Competition date and venue:
2 February 2020
Dorsett Hotel, 58 Shepherd’s Bush Green, White City, London W12 8QE
Competition rules and regulations
1. The Competition organizers will provide all competitors with tables, chairs, tissues and sponges to work on. Participants must bring their own tools (tweezers, glue, magnifying glasses, lights and anything else they require specifically).
2. All competitors must arrive in time for their category registration. Any late arrival will not be allowed to take part in that category.
3. All participants will be given the badge with their number at a registration desk.
4. Participants will be allowed to enter competition hall 15 minutes prior to the competition start to prepare their working space. They are not allowed to start doing fans before the official start announcement.
5. Participants must not leave the competition hall earlier without permission, talk loudly with other participants or disturb others in any other way.
6. All participants have to follow competition rules and regulations.
7. Floor judges will check all participants tools and lashes. No premade fans are allowed to be used during the competition. All fans must be Pro made (hand made).
8. You can use your own lashes. If you choose to use Competition lashes you earn bonus points.
9. The time will be announced every 15 minutes by our floor judges. When the finish is announced, all participants must leave the competition hall. They not allowed to touch their work after finish is announced. Abiding this rule might lead to participant being disqualified.
10. The judges will evaluate participants work and copies of the evaluation will be send to each participant individually.
11. Photos and videos of participants may be taken during the competition and may be published on social media, website or other channels.
Categories and nominations
During this competition, you must create as many correct fans as you can in given time for each category and stick them on the sponge. Jury then check all the sponges and decide how many of your fans are correct. The minimum amount of correct fans is 20. You can choose the volume for each category yourself. For more volume fans you will get higher score.
3/6D volume (strip or finger technique)
You must create as many correct fans as you can in 40 minutes. You cannot mix different volume, for example, if you choose to make 3D fans, all your fans should be 3D. If you mix volume in this category, Judges may deduct points. You should use max 0.07mm thickness lashes. Shorter lashes will score more points.
6D – 5 points
5D – 4 points
4D – 3 points
3D – 2 points
If you compete in strip technique, you should not correct your fans with fingers and same applies to finger techniques where you cannot place them on the strip to adjust them.
Mega volume (strip or finger technique)
You must create as many correct fans as you can in 50 minutes. You cannot mix different volume, for example, if you choose to make 10D fans, all your fans should be 10D. If you mix volume in this category, Judges may deduct points. You should use max 0.05mm thickness lashes. Shorter lashes will score more points.
7D – 2 points
8D – 3 points
9D – 4 points
10-15D – 5 points
Junior – up to 2 years
Master – from 2 years and previous award winners
Trainer – all trainers
1 category – £80
2 categories – £120
3 categories – £190
Online category – £45